Congratulations on your engagement! We are excited to work with you and help you prepare to have a successful life long union in Jesus Christ. To prepare for your upcoming wedding please allow at least 8-12 months of time to complete the preparations. Eight months is the minimum preparation time.
The preparation consists of 4 steps:
- Taking the FOCCUS inventory and reviewing with the Priest.
- Natural Family Planning classes
- Taking a class on the theology of marriage.
- Paperwork and planning the wedding
How to begin marriage preparation:
Please note that at this point we are not able to schedule the wedding.
Scheduling takes place once we can begin the review of the FOCCUS.
Who can take part in the marriage preparation process at St. Thomas Aquinas?
We love helping people get married! Because of this we have a high volume of requests. We are limited to helping people who are associated with the University of Colorado Boulder;
- Current students, faculty and staff.
- We also assist with people who are registered in our parish or living in our boundaries, which is essentially the hill.
- Given the right circumstances we can prepare alumni of our ministry. But please check with the priest before counting on doing it here.
Because of the nature of the university many couples are prepared here and then return to their hometowns to perform the ceremony..